by Gussie Fauntleroy As he was approaching adolescence, Eric Weiss began noticing that none of the adults around him were asking the questions that had been on his mind for years—about God and life and how it all works. When he...
published: August 2019 Sri Aurobindo Learning Center: Talking about evolution by Dr. Eric Weiss, MFT In recent discourse, there has been a two-fold attack on the idea of evolution. On the one hand, some Christian thinkers reject...
published: September 2019 Unconditional Love The cart before the horse by Ramloti Today a friend who has been using the principles of unconditional love emailed me saying: “Yesterday I read that the inability to tolerate an...
published: March 2015 by Gussie Fauntleroy On a bitterly cold morning as Michele Frazier Baldwin’s cremation was winding down, warmth still radiating from the pyre, Anna Louise Stewart noticed a friend of Michele’s young...
published March 2015 Sri Aurobindo Learning Center Passing into the world of soul “All there was...
published February 2015 Sri Aurobindo Learning Center One must be calm Between World War I and World War II, many children came to live in the ashram. A devotee who was five when she met the Mother said the children flocked...
published: November 2019 by Eric Weiss My health has not been good, and my vitality has gotten so low that I’ve gotten to wondering whether maintaining this life is worth the high effort and high costs involved keeping this body...
published: November 2019 Elders Living the Dream Part II: At home in Living Wisdom Village by Tom deMers with Richard Sanderson Living Wisdom Village, Elders Creating Community moves forward on many shoulders from the...
published: November 2019 Sustaining life on earth is our responsibility by Susan Fey. DSS Our next...
How to rest in peace before you die by Marcella Friel If you’re a member of one of the many spiritual communities here, or if you have an unaffiliated spiritual practice of your own, you no doubt have some sense about what...
by Dr. Eric Weiss email@example.com In our class last Sunday, we were discussing the problem of self-hatred. I think that most of us are, at least occasionally, plagued by that particular problem. I have been very much helped,...
The Crestone Eagle, January 2009: Crestonians on safari in beautiful Bhutan Story & photos by Bill Ellzey Mount Everest is distant through the plane window. Pinch me—the legendary Himalayas right out there—not a photo in an...
Teyuna offer workshops & healing Sept. 12-15
While several of the many spiritual centers at the foot of the sacred Sangres de Cristo Mountains in the Crestone/Baca area have been in place for more than 25 years, 2013 is the inaugural year for the Camino de Crestone. The great pilgrimages of the earth—in India, Japan, Spain and England—are now joined by the world’s first full inter-faith pilgrimage here in our tiny international village.
Amid gorgeous country, Crestone now can invite people from every state and all over the world to experience a full range of authentic “paths of return”—the great traditions aspiring to their original inspiration here in the San Luis Valley.
by Gussie Fauntleroy Lee Temple: The healing power of quiet There are several powerful,...
by Vince & Mary Palermo Recently, as we were sitting in the Hazlerig House listening to a...
by Gussie Fauntleroy The vast quiet of the San Luis Valley, for those who absorb and take on its...
by Gussie Fauntleroy Opportunities for quiet retreat are extremely rich in Crestone, even without...
by Gussie Fauntleroy On extremely dry, warm, windy days at the Great Sand Dunes National Park and...
by Gussie Fauntleroy …The birds have vanished into the sky/ and now the last clouds drain away/ We...
- Alternative/Green Building
- Archived Posts
- Birdwatching, Wildlife & Outdoors
- Breaking News
- Climate & Enviroment
- Community Herbalism
- Crestone Energy Fair
- Crestone History
- Crestonians Around The World
- Current Edition
- Front Cover
- Gardening, Farming & Ranching
- Hiking, Backcountry & Wilderness
- Hot Topics
- Living on the Earth
- Local News
- Politics, Elections & POA
- Previous Editions
- Skies Over Crestone
- Spiritual Centers
- Fuel reduction project begins near Crestone (September 2003)
- New 2020 wood-burning stoves to reduce emissions even more
- Gov. Bill Ritter promises reform of Colo. Oil & Gas Commission Record number of drilling applications & complaints filed
- Draft General Management Plan for Great Sand Dunes released (May 2006)
- Referendum A tops off-year election – Millions for unspecified water projects raises lots of questions (October 2003)
- Village at Wolf Creek project becoming a national scandal (March 2006)
- Garden Guru: Green Earth Farm – the new garden
- Passive Solar Design Article Series (2006)
- Presidential Primary Ballots To Be Mailed Out Beginning February 10
- The Summitville Mine Colorado’s worst environmental disaster (November 2005)
- The ‘Baca Bunch’ enjoys an outing on Mt. Ouray (October 2005)
- The big picture: Strawbale trends and defining “Eco-sensible” design (April 2005)