The Crestone Eagle • August, 2020
Colo. Gov. Polis signs mandatory mask order
The Alamosa County Public Health Department would like to advise the public that on July 16 Governor Polis signed Executive Order D 2020-138, making masks or non-medical face coverings mandatory in all indoor public places throughout the State of Colorado, effective as of midnight on July 17, 2020.
This order requires:
• All individuals over 10 years old to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth when entering or moving within any public indoor space, unless otherwise exempted from the order due to a medical reason or disability preventing the wearing of a mask.
• Owners, operators, or managers of public indoor spaces to post signs at entrances instructing individuals of their legal obligation under the Executive Order to wear a face covering when entering or moving within a public space.
• Except as provided by the Order, no owner, operator, or manager of a public indoor space may provide service to individuals or allow an individual to enter or move within a public indoor space unless the individual is wearing a face covering as required by the Public Health Order.
Exempt individuals include:
• Individuals ten years old or younger
• Individuals who cannot medically tolerate a face covering
• Individuals who are
hearing-impaired or otherwise disabled or who are communicating with an individual who is hearing-impaired or otherwise disabled where the ability to see the mouth is essential to communication
• Individuals who are seated at a food service establishment
• Individuals who are exercising alone or with others from an individual’s household and a face covering would interfere with the activity
• Individuals who enter a business or receive services and who are asked to temporarily remove the face covering for identification purposes
• Individuals who are actively engaged in a public safety role
• Individuals who are officiating a religious service
• Individuals who are giving a speech for broadcast or an audience
The Public Health Department would like to remind the public that we are still seeing community transmission in Alamosa County. The Governor’s order is intended to assist with reducing the increased transmission that we are seeing throughout the state. We strongly urge the public to comply with this order to mask up when in indoor public spaces, as well as to stay six feet from others, and to wash hands frequently.
For more information on COVID-19, see covid19.colorado.gov. For information on the Governor’s Mask Order, see www.colorado.gov/governor/2020-executive-orders.