Patrick Moore’s work will be on display at the Shumei Gallery in Crestone for the month of August. A symposium with Patrick titled “Conversations With The Eternal” will be held on Sunday August 25th starting at 3pm. A reception will follow.
Patrick grew up in a large, close family in a house his mother filled with art, books and stimulating discussions. Among many other things, his mother taught all of her children to paint at very young ages, she having been an accomplished painter herself.
He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of St. Thomas in Houston, having studied pre-law, English, art and philosophy and for three years interned with revolutionary artist Hannah Holiday Stewart in the University’s Studio Arts Program.
He earned his Dr. of Jurisprudence Degree from The South Texas College of Law in Houston, emphasizing litigation skill, and went on to become a trial lawyer.
Patrick was a lawyer for over a quarter of a century and has been a painter and photographer for more than half a century.
He has traveled the world many times, from cosmopolitan centers, and small remote villages to isolated mountaintops, forests and deserts. Some of his favorite and most inspirational places have been Rome, Slab City, CA, The Redwood Forests of N. California and the deserts surrounding Shiprock, NM in the Navajo Nation.
A symposium with Patrick will be held on Sunday August 25th starting a 3pm. A reception will follow. This event is free to the public. Call 256-5284 for more information and to ensure the gallery is open before visiting.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting Crestone Town Hall, 7pm-8pm, 256-4250
• Radiant Flow Yoga, Fellowship Hall, Little Shepherd Church, 10-11:15am, www.RadiantFlow.co
• Al-Anon, Little Shepherd Church, 1pm
• Cooking Matters class, First Presbyterian Church, Alamosa, 4:30pm-6:30pm, Free, hrrmc.com/events, 719-530-2057
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA, 7:30pm, Little Shepherd Community Center
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30am – 10:00 am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Wednesday Night Bible Study, Crestone Baptist Church, 6:00pm-7:30pm, 256-4845
• AA Meeting Lazy KV The Clubhouse Lazy KV, 7-8pm
• AA, noon, Crestone Baptist Church
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Energy Workshop with Fay Ferris, Little Shepherd Church, 12:45pm, by donation, 719-937-7684
• NA, 9am, Little Shepherd Community Center
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center