Patrick Moore’s work will be on display at the Shumei Gallery in Crestone for the month of August. A symposium with Patrick titled “Conversations With The Eternal” will be held on Sunday August 25th starting at 3pm. A reception will follow.
Patrick grew up in a large, close family in a house his mother filled with art, books and stimulating discussions. Among many other things, his mother taught all of her children to paint at very young ages, she having been an accomplished painter herself.
He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of St. Thomas in Houston, having studied pre-law, English, art and philosophy and for three years interned with revolutionary artist Hannah Holiday Stewart in the University’s Studio Arts Program.
He earned his Dr. of Jurisprudence Degree from The South Texas College of Law in Houston, emphasizing litigation skill, and went on to become a trial lawyer.
Patrick was a lawyer for over a quarter of a century and has been a painter and photographer for more than half a century.
He has traveled the world many times, from cosmopolitan centers, and small remote villages to isolated mountaintops, forests and deserts. Some of his favorite and most inspirational places have been Rome, Slab City, CA, The Redwood Forests of N. California and the deserts surrounding Shiprock, NM in the Navajo Nation.
A symposium with Patrick will be held on Sunday August 25th starting a 3pm. A reception will follow. This event is free to the public. Call 256-5284 for more information and to ensure the gallery is open before visiting.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave, 7pm
• Drop in Meditation at Choying Dzong (Sitting and Walking), 2281 Happy Day OL, 10am – 1pm
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center