We are always in the between. Each and every moment is a moment full of potential for us to awake, to realize our true nature. Although we are always in a bardo, there are six larger Bardos (བར་དོ་དྲུག་), transitional states of life and death, that are much easier to recognize. This is an extremely rare opportunity to study these ‘in-between’ states with a Tibetan Buddhist Rime Master. A special emphasis will be placed on how to understand and work with these states from the perspective of the highest yoga tantra, the Kalachakra Vajrayana Buddhist teachings. Theoretical explanations will be supplemented with transmission and practical guidance of Kalachakra Phowa. Along with the teachings, Khentrul Rinpoche will bestow the empowerment (jenang) of Vajravega, the wrathful form of Kalachakra.
This beautiful 3 day weekend retreat will take place on the Baca Campus of Colorado College. For people visiting from our of town, stay in our village of homes a very short meditative walk from the teachings at Colorado College.
Non-Residential Retreat – $150
Residential Retreat Shared Room – $380
Residential Retreat Single Room – $480
All residential retreats cost include the teachings and empowerment, accommodations from Friday to Monday and vegetarian meals from dinner on Friday through breakfast Monday morning.
Program costs do not include dana to the teacher.
Contact Francisco of the Colorado organizing committee at email@example.com or +1 (720) 525-0035
About Khentrul Rinpoche
Shar Khentrul Jamphel Lodrö Rinpoché spent the first 20 years of his life herding yak and chanting mantras on the plateaus of Tibet. Inspired by the bodhisattvas, he left his family to study in a variety of monasteries under the guidance of over twenty-five masters in all the Tibetan buddhist traditions. Due to his non-sectarian approach, he earned himself the title of Rimé (unbiased) Master and was identified as the reincarnation of the famous Kalachakra Master Ngawang Chözin Gyatso. While at the core of his teachings is the recognition that there is great value in the diversity of all spiritual traditions found in this world; he focuses on the Jonang-Shambhala tradition. Thought to be extinct by many Western scholars, he found it held the most advanced teachings of Kalachakra (wheel of time) containing profound methods to harmonize our external environment with the inner world of body and mind.
Since 2014, he has travelled to more than thirty countries guiding students to realize their own sacred truth of limitless potential through a clear, systematic step-by-step presentation of the Kalachakra Path to enlightenment. By teaching people how to cultivate a flexible mind and remove bias, Khentrul Rinpoché aspires to create compassion-based communities, transforming this world into a golden age of global peace and harmony.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave.
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center