The Crestone Charter School Governing Council is looking for you! We need you! Have you been searching for a way to share your talents? Are you retired (teacher or other profession) and looking for a way to serve your community? Live at a spiritual center and want to share your knowledge with the school community? Do you love children and want to help ensure they are provided with a good education? Do you have a knack for numbers? Love reading for detail? Want to share in organizing community events? Have you had previous board experience? Have fundraising experience? Know Policy Governance? (If not that’s ok . . . most of us didn’t when we started).
If you have the heart, the GC has a seat for you at their table! We are looking for a few volunteers to join our council and help oversee the operational performance and achievement of CCS by monitoring the Director’s performance throughout the year and engaging with stakeholders. We meet once a month, 11 months out of the year, with an average time commitment of 10-15 hours per month. Terms are usually held for 3 years, but we welcome any time you are able to give. As a council, you will be on a team of like-minded people who want to see the best for CCS and its staff and students.
Please consider joining us September 29 at 5:30pm for the next meeting and see if you are a fit for the council. Email Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica at email@example.com with questions or comments. Thank you!
• The Haidakhandi Universal Ashram is gradually opening. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-256-4108. Thank you.
• Morning meditation practice is postponed until further notice at Vajra Vidya Retreat Center. You may call 719-256-5539 for updates once the gathering together ban is lifted.
• Energy Fair Volunteer meeting noon-5pm, potluck & networking 5-8pm, Town Hall Park, email@example.com
• AA, 7pm. Currently only video conference meetings. Call Cheryl 303-667-9459 or John 719-429-8450 for info.
• Al-Anon, 1pm. Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-218-6099 or 719-298-9133 for info.
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA, Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-309-0710 for info.
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinements, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30-10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Food Distribution, Crestone Food Bank, next to Crestone Mercantile, 10am-noon
• Community gatherings, Baca Park 5-8pm, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
• C/BG Indivisible Group meeting, Mystic Rose Café patio, 11:30am
• AA, noon. Currently only video conference meetings. Call Cheryl 303-667-9459 or John 719-429-8450 for info
• Baca Library open, noon-6pm, 719-256-4100, http://nscld.colibraries.org
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Peace Patrol meeting, Cloud Station Café, 5pm, 719-315-4117
• NA, 9am. Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-309-0710 for info.
• Weekly teaching on Uddhava Gita with Sajohn Daverly. Savitri House dome, 83 Baca Grant Way, 719-937-7665, 10am-noon
• Downtown Saturday Market, Little Pearl Park, Crestone