On October 23rd from 5-7 PM, community members are invited to celebrate the completion of the Nature Play Area playground at the Rio Grande Farm Park. The Colorado Health Foundation has made this all possible! Their granting the Rio Grande Farm Park the funds to build this play area will provide an excellent opportunity for children to get out and get moving. Soon, kids can climb to the top of log-formations into a rope “bird’s nest.” From there, there are many ways to swing down between trees and shrubs and towards a water-pump that pours into a sandbox. A slide built into the side of a hill drops off into a mulch landing. Nearby are wood and boulder formations perfect for climbing, hopping, and anything else the imagination can dream up. A 30-foot long zipline is sure to get the adrenaline pumping, too.
Building this new playground is Bienenstock Natural Playgrounds, a company that has built dozens of nature play areas across the US and Canada. Their designs mimic nature to create environments that nurture the senses and stoke kids’ creative powers. Local companies Absmeier has helped work the site and will be placing plants, while Steffen’s Quality Plumbing and Heating and Domestic Irrigation are bringing in water for the play area, trees, and grass. Logs from AllPine Lumber make up the playground border, pulling the site together.
Come out to the Rio Grande Farm Park on October 23rd to take part in the grand opening celebration of the Nature Play area. A ribbon will be cut to mark the opening of the playground at 5PM. Over the next few hours, free food will be served out of the MOKI food truck, and the band Sweet Radish will entertain the crowd. This event is free, and open to all! You may RSVP on the Rio Grande Farm Park Facebook page.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave, 7pm
• Drop in Meditation at Choying Dzong (Sitting and Walking), 2281 Happy Day OL, 10am – 1pm
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center