Don Richmond is coming back to Crestone for a fun-filled evening of Christmas caroling at the Crestone Charter School Thursday, December 19. Doors open at 6pm with music starting at 6:15pm. Meat and vegetarian chili will be available along with an assortment of drinks. Caroling books will also be provided. Don has hosted an immensely popular sing-a-long for years at Milagros coffee shop in Alamosa and this will be his 3rd year in Crestone. The event has been a lot of fun. Students are free with a suggested donation of $5 for adults.
New this year we will be offering door prizes. We have: an American Indian flute handmade locally by Bruce Becker; a beautiful photograph from Bill Ellzey; a $50 gift certificate from Crestone Mercantile; a gift certificate from OFIA restaurant; two day passes from Valley View Hot Springs; and two day passes from Joyful Journey Hot Springs.
This show is sponsored and produced by Crestone Performances Inc. and all proceeds go towards our Youth Enrichment Program. CPI is a 501(c)3 non-profit community service organization that brings cultural and educational events to San Luis Valley schools and communities. So far we have produced 234 school shows using 47 different presenters ranging from Taiko Drums to Shakespeare. We also have a student scholarship program and host a student open mic night. We also help produce local community celebrations and events.
Our continued success is made possible through individual donations, our sponsors and grants from Saguache County and Colorado Creative Industries. Our sponsors are The Crestone Eagle, Orient Land Trust, Joyful Journey Hot Springs, Manitou Institute, the Sand Dunes Swimming Pool, San Luis Valley Federal Savings, First Street Flooring, Amicas Pizza and the Heart of the Rockies Medical Center. If you would like more information or would like to contribute to our efforts, please go to our web site, crestfest.org and/or give us a call at 719-256-4533. Our address is PO Box 6, Crestone, CO 81131. All donations are tax deductible.
Come on out and celebrate the holidays with family and friends and one of the valley’s favorite musicians at the Crestone Charter School Thursday, December 19 at 6pm. Hallelujah!
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 8:45-10:30am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday mass at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, Christian Service Traditional/Contemporary 10am-noon
• Drop in Meditation at Choying Dzong (Sitting and Walking), 2281 Happy Day OL, 10am – 1pm
• Sutra Reading: Life story of the Buddha, Yeshe Khorlo, 2-3pm
• Dorje Trolo Practice, White Jewel Mountain Healing Center, 2pm
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave, 7pm
• Gentle Yoga with Cynthia, Little Shepherd Fellowship Hall, www.RadiantFlow.co, 10am
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Food Bank, next to Crestone Mercantile, 10am-noon
• Wednesday night Bible study, Crestone Baptist Church 6-7:30pm
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center