To better serve area residents, including those who work on weekdays, the Crestone Food Bank now will be open the last Saturday of every month from 10am to noon, in addition to new regular hours from 10am to noon every Wednesday. Anyone who has trouble paying their grocery bill is eligible to sign up at the Food Bank, 191 E. Galena, adjacent to the Merc.
Thanks to an energetic and dedicated team of new volunteers, the Food Bank is now able to provide delivery, during our regular hours, to shut-ins, those who don’t drive, or who are temporarily unable to pick up needed food items. Please call 719-539-7740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you or anyone you know needs food delivered.
Let us know, as well, if you would like to be added to our email list, so that you can be notified of product availability or upcoming events. The Food Bank operates under the umbrella of La Puente, and is staffed exclusively by volunteers. Under La Puente guidelines, residents can visit 12 times per year. Donations are more than welcome and can be received from 9am to noon every Wednesday, or by special arrangement. Especially needed are fresh produce, nutritious canned or packaged goods, and vegetarian items.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave, 7pm
• Drop in Meditation at Choying Dzong (Sitting and Walking), 2281 Happy Day OL, 10am – 1pm
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center