- This event has passed.
Earth Knack Family Gathering
June 5 - June 11
The beautiful Earth Knack school site is situated along the banks of Cottonwood Creek near Crestone. Expert local and national instructors will once again offer a large variety of survival, primitive and ancestral living skills, as well as pioneer-style homesteading skills. Earth Knack teaches how to incorporate the wise skills and attitudes of our ancestors into our modern lifestyles. This allows us to make balanced, satisfying and sustainable choices for our personal and community future.
Classes are taught Friday through Monday in subjects like ancestral weaponry including bow and arrow and atl atl, astronomy and navigation, tracking, over the fire cooking, plant and animal fiber felting and weaving, edible plants, medicine plants, morning birding walks, beekeeping, natural dyes and “eco-dye” techniques, horse and buggy hitching, blacksmithing, knife making, traditional deer hide tanning, primitive pottery and firing methods, basketry, ancient Ayurveda healing, breathing and posture techniques, natural earth paints and pigment, camouflage and stalking, and so much more. Participants can choose classes with different instructors daily or spend multiple days focused on one subject area.
Lovely, woodsy campsites along the creek and a hearty dinner each night, including some wild food ingredients, are provided along with all instruction in the camp tuition. Participants can register for the entire event or chose a one- to three-day option at a daily rate. Youth must attend with, and be supervised by, their families. The site is not handicap accessible (yet).
Tuition: Adults $265 Kids 8-15 $175 Kids 4-7 $95 3 and under free (Daily rates without dinner and camping: Adults $68 Kids 8-15 $45 Kids 4-7 $25). www.earthknack.com.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50amand 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting Crestone Town Hall, 7pm-8pm, 256-4250
• Radiant Flow Yoga, Fellowship Hall, Little Shepherd Church, 10-11:15am, www.RadiantFlow.co
• Al-Anon, Little Shepherd Church, 1pm
• Cooking Matters class, First Presbyterian Church, Alamosa, 4:30pm-6:30pm, Free, hrrmc.com/events, 719-530-2057
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA, 7:30pm, Little Shepherd Community Center
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30am – 10:00 am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Wednesday Night Bible Study, Crestone Baptist Church, 6:00pm-7:30pm, 256-4845
• AA Meeting Lazy KV The Clubhouse Lazy KV, 7-8pm
• AA, noon, Crestone Baptist Church
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Energy Workshop with Fay Ferris Little Shepherd Church, 12:45-2:45 pm, donation, 719-937-7684
• NA, 9am, Little Shepherd Community Center
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center