As the winter stretches on, Gallery members hold parties, bringing the community together. Last month was our very well attended Valentine’s Day party. There was some question about whether there would be enough food at that event, but we were awash in tasty Mexican-style snacks and wine. In March we hold a traditional St. Patrick’s Day party. This year it will be entitled “The Pot of Gold” party, and will be held on the 17th, 4–6pm in the gallery. A highlight of the party will be the donation of excellent hand-crafted beer courtesy of the Crestone Brewing Company, accompanied by beer-friendly snacks. There will be live music and a free drawing of a work of art from the Gallery’s collection. At this party the prize will be a fine work of pottery, produced by our new gallery member, Deborah Crowley. Deborah recently moved to Crestone from Austin, Texas, where she was an active member of the Eastside Art District. She produces both hand-formed and wheel-thrown vessels of fine porcelain. Your visit to the Gallery will reveal the work of several new members. Christine Columbo’s work was described in the January Eagle, and one of her landscape photographs was the drawing prize for last month’s Valentine’s Day Party. Susan Reycroft produces beautiful silk paintings. Jeanette Amlie joined us most recently. She works in mixed media, mainly on paper. She comes to Crestone with vast experience in hand papermaking. She worked for many years at the University of Iowa’s acclaimed paper studio, The Center for the Book. New work has been added to the Gallery by the existing resident artists, as well as by the newly participating artists. At the beginning of the month, member artists will temporarily remove their artwork to allow for a deep cleaning and refurbishing of the Gallery. The walls will be touched up and old holes patched and painted, and then the artwork will be re-installed. With a fresh look and new artwork, it is an especially good time to visit.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
The Ashram will not be open for overnight guests, kitchen use or meals until further notice. We will miss having all of you here. We are going to try to record some of the ceremonies so you can view them from home on YouTube. Also if you would like to pick an auspicious day or days to sponsor a fire ceremony or puja, this would also keep you connected. There are more details in our latest newsletter at www.babajiashram.org. You can email us at email@example.com or call 719-256-4108. Thank you.
• Open meditation & prayers 8:45-10:30am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Drop in Meditation at Choying Dzong (Sitting and Walking), 2281 Happy Day OL, 10am – 1pm
• Sutra Reading: Life story of the Buddha, Yeshe Khorlo, 2-3pm
• Dorje Trolo Practice, White Jewel Mountain Healing Center, 2pm
• AA, 7pm. Currently only video conference meetings. Call Cheryl 303-667-9459 or John 719-429-8450 for info.
• Al-Anon, 1pm. Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-218-6099 or 719-298-9133 for info.
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA, Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-309-0710 for info.
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Food Bank, next to Crestone Mercantile, 10am-noon
• AA, noon. Currently only video conference meetings. Call Cheryl 303-667-9459 or John 719-429-8450 for info.
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA, 9am. Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-309-0710 for info.
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center