Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center will host its second annual Cancer Walk on Saturday, Sept. 14, at 9am.
The Cancer Walk will start and end on the HRRMC hospital campus. The course will follow the walking trail that circles the hospital. The loop is approximately 1.5 miles.
Walkers will start after a brief address from a cancer survivor, and all survivors will be recognized.
All monies raised by the Walk will be deposited in the HRRMC Oncology Fund, which is administered by the HRRMC Foundation. Any proceeds—including donations, registration fees, and fundraising—will benefit local oncology patients. Funds may be used for wigs, gas cards, lymphedema sleeves, or equipment to best care for our patients.
To register for the event, visit www.hrrmc.com and click on the Cancer Walk button on the home page. The cost of the event is $35 and includes an event T-shirt.
Cancer survivors are not required to pay the event fee, but do need to register.
Sponsorship opportunities are available until Aug. 15. Call 719-530-2270 or visit hrrmc.com for more info.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave.
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center