Original music at Baptist Church
July 27 @ 1:00 pm
On July 27 at 1pm local groups will be playing their original music at the Crestone Baptist Church.
In the lineup will be The Sai Sisters. Meryl Ennis and Karen Chenoweth are two outstanding vocalists with intertwining harmonies & an acoustic guitar here to spread the Love! Their music is an expression of human values such as Love, Truth, Right Action & Service to Others in a wide range of popular genres.
They have performed at spiritual centers, spiritual retreats around the country, local venues, shared their original music on an international internet radio station and performed at International Women’s Day in Puttiparthi, India.
Eric Karlstrom, formerly a university geography professor in California, now lives in Crestone/Baca and is pursuing his second career as a musician. His 20 self-produced CDs feature his original songs on guitar, banjo, and piano as well as his lead and harmony vocals in the bluegrass, gospel, folk, country, and popular styles (see www.erickarlstrom.com). Eric has played in numerous bluegrass bands and folk-country combos over the years and now enjoys performing as a solo artist. He has performed locally, nationally, and internationally. His two most recent CDs, Gospel Refrain and All American, All Original, Solo 5-String Banjo, were recorded at Don Richmond’s Howlin’ Dog Studio in Alamosa and released in 2018.
Crestone Songbirds will be included in our lineup.
Also performing will be our very own Crestone Baptist Church praise team, Eddy and Rita Byerly, and Lynn Ertle will be performing Christian praise songs during intermission between sets. Eddy and Rita came to Crestone last May from Vidor, TX. Eddy has been a music leader while Rita plays the piano and Lynn sings along. They have been a great asset to the praise team.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting Crestone Town Hall, 7pm-8pm, 256-4250
• Radiant Flow Yoga, Fellowship Hall, Little Shepherd Church, 10-11:15am, www.RadiantFlow.co
• Al-Anon, Little Shepherd Church, 1pm
• Cooking Matters class, First Presbyterian Church, Alamosa, 4:30pm-6:30pm, Free, hrrmc.com/events, 719-530-2057
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA, 7:30pm, Little Shepherd Community Center
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30am – 10:00 am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Wednesday Night Bible Study, Crestone Baptist Church, 6:00pm-7:30pm, 256-4845
• AA Meeting Lazy KV The Clubhouse Lazy KV, 7-8pm
• AA, noon, Crestone Baptist Church
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Energy Workshop with Fay Ferris, Little Shepherd Church, 12:45pm, by donation, 719-937-7684
• NA, 9am, Little Shepherd Community Center
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center