Join us on Saturday, July 31 from 10am to 3pm for the 12th Annual Saguache Arts Walk. This year will find the Arts Walk held in conjunction with the Hollyhock Festival. Pick up a map and wander through town enjoying galleries, restaurants, shops, hollyhock gardens, art, booths and music.
New this year: fairy house tours and a children’s activity area with hands-on art-making opportunities to inspire the next generation of artists. So, bring the whole family and enjoy a day of fun!
We are excited to welcome the artist team of Gigi Douglas and Victor Rivera to the valley and to this year’s Arts Walk Festival. Originally out of Boulder, where they run a design/build business called Re:Vera Designs, they are renovating New Sky Ranch, an old homestead in Saguache County. Gigi’s artwork is inspired by music, people, travel, and the many facets of beauty in our world. Using imperfect symmetry and contrasting shades of similar tones, she captures the ever-flowing balance of light and dark, good and evil & positive and negative that surrounds the universe. She also aims to promote good, often tying profits to causes she believes in and using almost 100% reclaimed paint/wood/materials in the murals, paintings, and other items she’s created. Victor has always been inspired to work with his hands and translates this into his art and design projects. He also uses reclaimed or salvaged materials in his work. Check out their booth at this year’s festival to learn more about this duo!
• The Haidakhandi Universal Ashram is gradually opening. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-256-4108. Thank you.
• Morning meditation practice is postponed until further notice at Vajra Vidya Retreat Center. You may call 719-256-5539 for updates once the gathering together ban is lifted.
• Energy Fair Volunteer meeting noon-5pm, potluck & networking 5-8pm, Town Hall Park, email@example.com
• AA, 7pm. Currently only video conference meetings. Call Cheryl 303-667-9459 or John 719-429-8450 for info.
• Al-Anon, 1pm. Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-218-6099 or 719-298-9133 for info.
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA, Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-309-0710 for info.
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinements, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30-10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Food Distribution, Crestone Food Bank, next to Crestone Mercantile, 10am-noon
• Community gatherings, Baca Park 5-8pm, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
• C/BG Indivisible Group meeting, Mystic Rose Café patio, 11:30am
• AA, noon. Currently only video conference meetings. Call Cheryl 303-667-9459 or John 719-429-8450 for info
• Baca Library open, noon-6pm, 719-256-4100, http://nscld.colibraries.org
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Peace Patrol meeting, Cloud Station Café, 5pm, 719-315-4117
• NA, 9am. Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-309-0710 for info.
• Weekly teaching on Uddhava Gita with Sajohn Daverly. Savitri House dome, 83 Baca Grant Way, 719-937-7665, 10am-noon
• Downtown Saturday Market, Little Pearl Park, Crestone