Join us on Saturday, September 18 for the 28th Annual Fall Festival & Quilt Show. It will be a day filled with music, entertainment, vendors, quilt show and, of course, food. Activities are scheduled for 10am until 4pm in Otto Mears Park and the Saguache Community Building.
Salida Circus will be on hand to offer face painting and hands-on activities to keep everyone entertained. Enjoy live music starting at 10am.
Don’t miss featured artist Sandy Wells
With early pop Country and Southern Rock roots, from a small town in southern Oregon, Sandy’s music raises strong emotion, yet keeps your foot tapping. She is an accomplished songwriter and mixes her own original tunes allowing her fans to connect with her strong sense of self yet honest vulnerability. Sandy’s powerful and sultry voice mesmerizes crowds and creates new fans everywhere she plays. With a rocking band to back her, she leaves it all on the stage when she plays. Whether you need it acoustic style or to rock the house, Sandy doesn’t disappoint. Sandy has opened for some of the best, Aaron Watson, Kristin Bush (Sugarland), Reckless Kelly, just to name a few, she has played all over the Front Range, as well as Nashville, Tenn. Sandy’s second album was produced in Nashville, and she is working on her third.
The Saguache Sagebrush Quilters will be selling and exhibiting their handiwork. Purchase tickets for a quilt to be given away on that day. Bid on silent auction items for the benefit of the Saguache Chamber of Commerce (this is the only annual fundraiser for the Chamber). Come see offerings by vendors of all types—including food. You might even find a car show. The annual photo contest will once again be held in conjunction with this event. Contact Sara Fernandez for more details at 719-239-0366.
As we continue to work on finalizing details for this event, watch for updates on the Chamber website (www.saguachechamber.org) and the Chamber Facebook page. Send an email with questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave a message at the Chamber cell phone, 719-849-0240.
This event is made possible by funding from a Saguache Sales Tax Grant along w/sponsors.
• The Haidakhandi Universal Ashram is gradually opening. You can email us at email@example.com or call 719-256-4108. Thank you.
• Morning meditation practice is postponed until further notice at Vajra Vidya Retreat Center. You may call 719-256-5539 for updates once the gathering together ban is lifted.
• Energy Fair Volunteer meeting noon-5pm, potluck & networking 5-8pm, Town Hall Park, firstname.lastname@example.org
• AA, 7pm. Currently only video conference meetings. Call Cheryl 303-667-9459 or John 719-429-8450 for info.
• Al-Anon, 1pm. Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-218-6099 or 719-298-9133 for info.
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA, Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-309-0710 for info.
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinements, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30-10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Food Distribution, Crestone Food Bank, next to Crestone Mercantile, 10am-noon
• Community gatherings, Baca Park 5-8pm, email email@example.com for more information
• C/BG Indivisible Group meeting, Mystic Rose Café patio, 11:30am
• AA, noon. Currently only video conference meetings. Call Cheryl 303-667-9459 or John 719-429-8450 for info
• Baca Library open, noon-6pm, 719-256-4100, http://nscld.colibraries.org
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Peace Patrol meeting, Cloud Station Café, 5pm, 719-315-4117
• NA, 9am. Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-309-0710 for info.
• Weekly teaching on Uddhava Gita with Sajohn Daverly. Savitri House dome, 83 Baca Grant Way, 719-937-7665, 10am-noon
• Downtown Saturday Market, Little Pearl Park, Crestone