- This event has passed.
Saguache Main Streets Revitalization Workshop
May 10 @ 3:30 am - 8:00 am
Let’s Revitalize Our Other Main Street!
ScSEED and the Saguache Chamber of Commerce are hosting a Colorado Downtown Streets Workshop on Friday, May 10th from 9:30AM to 2PM. The meeting will be held at the Saguache County Road & Bridge Building located at 305 3rd St., Saguache, CO.
This FREE workshop will focus on the .9-mile section of U.S. Hwy. 285 that runs through town. Come and learn how to communicate and work with state and local agencies, identify problems, consider solutions, and get projects built to improve the streets that run through our town.
This workshop is being conducted by Community Builders. Community Builders has teamed up with the Colorado Department of Transportation, Department of Public Health and Environment, Department of Local Affairs, and Main Street Program to offer free and interactive Downtown Colorado Streets Workshops for rural communities like Saguache.
Register Now! Attendance is Limited! Register at https://tinyurl.com/y2bcna7g. RSVP by May1st. Questions? Call Barry at 719-322-7298.
The workshop is on Friday, May 10, from 9:30am to 2pm. Located at the Saguache County Road & Bridge Building, 305 3rd. St., Saguache, CO. Call 719-322-7298 if you have any questions
Streetscaping Workshop for Hwy. 285 through Town
With the increase in population and tourism in Colorado, Saguache is experiencing a steady increase in traffic along the Highway 285 corridor in town. Semi-trucks, travel trailers, and tourists are pouring through this 35-mph section of highway through town. Unfortunately, this section of road experiences loud truck noise and many believe it is unsafe for pedestrians, cyclist, and motorist alike. The shoulder is arched and littered with gravel. This stretch of road is also unsightly with no sidewalks, bike paths, or attractive landscaping.
Fortunately, this is not uncommon for many of Colorado’s small rural communities and there are resources available to help communities address these issues. As such, two Saguache County non-profits; ScSEED and the Saguache Chamber of Commerce have united to bring Community Builders, a non-profit rural consulting firm, to town on May 10th to conduct a FREE half-day workshop to learn how we can strike a balance among the many demands for Hwy. 285 through town. This workshop is for anyone who is interesting in making this stretch of roadway through our town better. Attendance is limited, so please, sign up now. Register at https://tinyurl.com/y2bcna7g. RSVP by May1st.
The workshop is on Friday, May 10th, from 9:30 to 2PM. Located at the Saguache County Road & Bridge Building, 305 3rd. St., Saguache, CO. Call 719-322-7298 if you have any questions.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting Crestone Town Hall, 7pm-8pm, 256-4250
• Radiant Flow Yoga, Fellowship Hall, Little Shepherd Church, 10-11:15am, www.RadiantFlow.co
• Al-Anon, Little Shepherd Church, 1pm
• Cooking Matters class, First Presbyterian Church, Alamosa, 4:30pm-6:30pm, Free, hrrmc.com/events, 719-530-2057
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA, 7:30pm, Little Shepherd Community Center
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30am – 10:00 am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Wednesday Night Bible Study, Crestone Baptist Church, 6:00pm-7:30pm, 256-4845
• AA Meeting Lazy KV The Clubhouse Lazy KV, 7-8pm
• AA, noon, Crestone Baptist Church
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Energy Workshop with Fay Ferris, Little Shepherd Church, 12:45pm, by donation, 719-937-7684
• NA, 9am, Little Shepherd Community Center
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center