Centennial Park, next to the Salida Hot Springs Pool, 410 West Rainbow Blvd. (Hwy 50), Salida, CO
The Salida Arts Festival is a small, boutique-style, high quality show held in Salida, Colorado, a town recognized for its art and artists. Many have called this “The Best Art Event” in the valley. The show location is a beautiful park adjacent to the Salida Aquatic Center and on the major highway through town. The green of the large evergreens is restful and inviting and has proved to be a great outdoor venue. Our relaxed atmosphere by no means belies the quality of the artwork.
This is a juried show displaying some amazing work by some amazing talent. There are artists from many mediums, including sculpture, jewelry, paintings, photography, mixed media, wood, fiber and more. Saturday afternoon features “Wanderlust Road”, a soulful duo with beautiful harmonies. Sunday afternoon “Red Tischer” plays his own version of Flamenco Chill. We will have a couple of great food venders, to keep you on your feet while you make your art decisions. Learn more at www.salidaartsfestival.com.
Come to Salida! This is a great time to be in the valley, surrounded by 14,000-foot peaks, buy some art, have lunch, a great way to spend a day or a whole weekend. Then, check out historic downtown Salida starting with our own Gallery150.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave.
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center