The date for the 71st SLV Regional Science Fair will be March 4-5 and will be held at Plachy Field House, Adams State University. The Colorado State Science Fair will be held April 2-4, 2020 at Colorado State University, (CSEF) Ft. Collins, Colorado. May 10-15, 2020 will find Anaheim, California hosting the International Science and Engineering Fair.
The SLV Regional Fair has a rich and successful history. The first SLV Science Fair was held at Adams State College in 1949. Last year there were a total of 353 registered participants at the Regional Fair. Each school in the San Luis Valley, private schools and home schoolers, appoint one or more fair coordinators. These coordinators are responsible for supervision of science projects and the administration of the local school fairs. Parents, if your local school is not participating in, or if you home school, please contact Ms. Adams at 587-5412 for the necessary paperwork, rules and guidelines for participation in the Regional Science Fair.
Fundraising for the regional fair has begun. Board members and community volunteers are helping with this endeavor. Contributions go toward student awards and expenses that are incurred during competition at the Regional Fair, Colorado Science and Engineering Fair and the International Science and Engineering Fair. A total of 24 junior and senior high students are awarded a trip to CSEF. Two high schools students and two science teachers are awarded an all-expense paid trip to the ISEF. One student observer is also chosen to attend ISEF.
Students are invited to participate in the logo contest that is held each year. Students are encouraged to design a poster that can be used on all the printed material the following year for science fair. For information about the logo contest, students are asked to check with the art instructors at their schools.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave, 7pm
• Drop in Meditation at Choying Dzong (Sitting and Walking), 2281 Happy Day OL, 10am – 1pm
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center