The Baca Grande Stables’ 2019 Summer Children’s Riding Program for children ages 6 to 15 will begin the week of June 3. Session 1 will be June 3-7; Session 2, June 24-28; Session 3, July 22-26; Session 4, Aug 5-9; Session 5, August 12-16. Each session is five days for 2 1/2 hours, from 8 to 10:30am. Lessons include riding in the arena and on trails and general horsemanship—safety, grooming and tacking up. Class size is limited to 5 students per session, so sign up soon. The cost will be $150 per week-long session.
As in years past, the Baca Grande POA has generously agreed to underwrite a portion of the summer children’s riding program in order to reduce the cost of lessons for local residents who demonstrate financial need. With the POA subsidy, the full cost of $150 per weekly session will be reduced to $100 for eligible students.
Summer is a busy time at the Baca Grande Stables. Private and group lessons are available for beginners through intermediates. We teach both English and Western riding. Our philosophy is based on discovering and establishing a loving, safe and knowledgeable partnership with horses. Body awareness, boundary setting, effective communication with honest intention and self confidence are all enhanced by equine sports.
Trail rides are available year round by appointment, weather permitting. These are usually one to two hours long and can feature a variety of terrain and areas of interest. Ages 6 and above are welcome.
Community members who believe in the value of this program for local youth and would like to underwrite a partial scholarship for families in financial need, can make a tax-deductible donation to the Atalanta Association (the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that leases the Baca Grande Stables), earmarked “Summer Children’s Riding Program.” We will gratefully accept donations of any amount and will send a receipt to donors for tax purposes.
To sign up for the summer children’s riding program, schedule a lesson or trail ride, inquire about horse boarding or arrange to pick up free manure for your garden, please call 256-6200 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave, 7pm
• Drop in Meditation at Choying Dzong (Sitting and Walking), 2281 Happy Day OL, 10am – 1pm
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center