I began this sound quest during my singing career. After having several diagnoses of vocal nodules I began researching everything I could find on vibration including the vibration within the human breath. Much to the amazement of my Otolaryngologist the nodules were healed. This was done through a yogic breathing technique to sustain the breath which in time healed the nodules.
The ancient world knew and experienced the power of sound in their everyday life; it was their way of life. Our scientists are discovering that the ancient world was far more advanced than ever imagined, in many ways more advanced than we are today through their use of sound.
Today sound therapy uses tuning forks, which are akin to dowsing rods, moving throughout the fluids or waterways in the body. Since the body is 80% water the tuning forks have an easier job of seeking the waterways. The acupuncture points along these waterways open and close with vibration releasing the powerful energy of the meridian stream.
Experience the vibrations of sound for yourself at a presentation with demonstration by Pamela Hughes Oct. 3 from 6:30-8pm at Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa, 719-256-4328. Contact Pam@harpsonginternational.com or 720-245-7317.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave, 7pm
• Drop in Meditation at Choying Dzong (Sitting and Walking), 2281 Happy Day OL, 10am – 1pm
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center