Shumei International Institute is happy to announce the next symposium in our Whole Living Symposia series. We are excited to have Nicholas Chambers as our next presenter on Saturday, January 18 from 10 to 11am. Nick will be sharing with us about how he sees the realities of local food, renewable energy, and local economy in a time of ubiquitous instant gratification and commoditized everything. This event is free to the public.
Nick Chambers has been a gardener and homesteader since 1999. He is the founding general manager and Chief Fungi of Valley Roots Food Hub, an aggregating, marketing and customer service link between local producers and local buyers via Community Supported Agriculture (CSAs) and Wholesale Distribution. The Valley Roots Food Hub is a DBA of the non-profit grassroots community organization of the San Luis Valley Local Foods Coalition. Nick has been involved in solar and anaerobic digester installations throughout the San Luis Valley and together with his wife Alycia Chambers started a homestead and CSA, Chokecherry Farms in Crestone, in 2005.
Come join us at Shumei International Institute as we hear from Nick Chambers. By looking at the whole we can achieve a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling lifestyle. To learn more visit www.shumeicrestone.org or call 719-256-5284.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 8:45-10:30am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday mass at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, Christian Service Traditional/Contemporary 10am-noon
• Drop in Meditation at Choying Dzong (Sitting and Walking), 2281 Happy Day OL, 10am – 1pm
• Sutra Reading: Life story of the Buddha, Yeshe Khorlo, 2-3pm
• Dorje Trolo Practice, White Jewel Mountain Healing Center, 2pm
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave, 7pm
• Gentle Yoga with Cynthia, Little Shepherd Fellowship Hall, www.RadiantFlow.co, 10am
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Food Bank, next to Crestone Mercantile, 10am-noon
• Wednesday night Bible study, Crestone Baptist Church 6-7:30pm
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center