Shumei International Institute is happy to announce the next symposium in our Whole Living Symposia series. We are excited to have Nicholas Chambers as our next presenter on Saturday, January 18 from 10 to 11am. Nick will be sharing with us about how he sees the realities of local food, renewable energy, and local economy in a time of ubiquitous instant gratification and commoditized everything. This event is free to the public.
Nick Chambers has been a gardener and homesteader since 1999. He is the founding general manager and Chief Fungi of Valley Roots Food Hub, an aggregating, marketing and customer service link between local producers and local buyers via Community Supported Agriculture (CSAs) and Wholesale Distribution. The Valley Roots Food Hub is a DBA of the non-profit grassroots community organization of the San Luis Valley Local Foods Coalition. Nick has been involved in solar and anaerobic digester installations throughout the San Luis Valley and together with his wife Alycia Chambers started a homestead and CSA, Chokecherry Farms in Crestone, in 2005.
Come join us at Shumei International Institute as we hear from Nick Chambers. By looking at the whole we can achieve a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling lifestyle. To learn more visit www.shumeicrestone.org or call 719-256-5284.
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
The Ashram will not be open for overnight guests, kitchen use or meals until further notice. We will miss having all of you here. We are going to try to record some of the ceremonies so you can view them from home on YouTube. Also if you would like to pick an auspicious day or days to sponsor a fire ceremony or puja, this would also keep you connected. There are more details in our latest newsletter at www.babajiashram.org. You can email us at email@example.com or call 719-256-4108. Thank you.
• Open meditation & prayers 8:45-10:30am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Drop in Meditation at Choying Dzong (Sitting and Walking), 2281 Happy Day OL, 10am – 1pm
• Sutra Reading: Life story of the Buddha, Yeshe Khorlo, 2-3pm
• Dorje Trolo Practice, White Jewel Mountain Healing Center, 2pm
• AA, 7pm. Currently only video conference meetings. Call Cheryl 303-667-9459 or John 719-429-8450 for info.
• Al-Anon, 1pm. Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-218-6099 or 719-298-9133 for info.
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA, Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-309-0710 for info.
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• Food Bank, next to Crestone Mercantile, 10am-noon
• AA, noon. Currently only video conference meetings. Call Cheryl 303-667-9459 or John 719-429-8450 for info.
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA, 9am. Currently only video conference meetings. Call 970-309-0710 for info.
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center