Saturday, Nov. 30 kicks off the annual Arts and Crafts Bazaar held at the Crestone Charter School. Hours are 10-5 with breakfast by Gracie’s Farmstead starting at 9am. Pastries and lunch items will also be available. Santa will be on hand for picture-taking opportunities and there will be hay rides for the kids.
Saturday also features our first progressive dinner to benefit Pet Partners. The dinner starts with appetizers by Gracie’s Farmstead at the charter school 3-5pm. There will be Christmas caroling and of course holiday shopping. The dinner moves on to Bob’s Place for a main course 4-6pm and then on to the Art Gallery for the dessert course. The Art Gallery will be holding their Jingle and Mingle event 6-8pm with lovely desserts and mulled wine. David Steele will be performing and Christopher Long will be on hand with palm readings. Judy Arnold is donating a piece of her pottery for the drawing. Tickets for the Pet Partners progressive dinner are $20 and will be available for sale at The Mercantile prior to the event and at Gracie’s Farmstead at the Charter School day of the event.
On Sunday the arts and crafts bazaar continues at the Charter School 10-5 with breakfast available starting at 9am. Meals and pastries will be available all day. Santa will be on hand again as well as hay rides for the kids. This year we have two $75 cash door prizes as well as gift certificates and other items from local businesses to give away.
The grand finale to Winterfest will be a live ice carving demo in Little Pearl Park on the plaza beginning at 2pm. Colorado Ice Works will be on hand to carve beautiful ice sculptures which will be backlit and left to adorn the town of Crestone with holiday cheer. The town itself will be a winter wonderland festive with lit trees and decorations galore!
Many thanks to the town of Crestone for the generous donation of funds to cover the costs of one sculpture and to those of you who have also donated. And to the Crestone Mercantile, Crestone Hardware, Bob’s Place and Crestone Laundromat for their donation of a second sculpture. We are still needing funds so that we may have 3 sculptures. Please go to wwe.gofundme.com/Winterfest-Activities to contribute. Please help make this the most festive Winterfest ever and of course join in the festivities with family and friends!
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave, 7pm
• Drop in Meditation at Choying Dzong (Sitting and Walking), 2281 Happy Day OL, 10am – 1pm
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center