Art Symposium at the Shumei Gallery for local painter Rita Berault starting a 3pm. Rita paints beautiful depictions of the Divine Mother and is inspired by her many trips to India. A reception follows the presentation. This event is free to the public. Call 256-5284 for more information.Find out more »
The park will welcome two musical guests to kick off Hispanic Heritage Month. Great Sand Dunes and the Alamosa Live Music Association (ALMA) present a concert featuring Experience Your America. The National Park Service cares for special places saved by the American people so that all may experience our heritage. Mariachi San Luis at 5:30pm, and Soul Sacrifice, a Santana tribute band, beginning at 6:30pm. The concert is free, and entrance fees have been waived the entire day and evening.Find out more »
Miss Penny from the Saguache Public Library will present the fall reading program, “Stories for Little Ones,” on Tuesdays at 11am until everyone gets cranky! Babies, toddlers and their caregivers can hear a story, do crafts, and have healthy snacks, along with valuable social interaction. There is no charge for the program, and drop-ins are most welcome. The program will be held each Tuesday morning until October 22.Find out more »
Singing Circles Program takes place in the library on Friday afternoons. These classes led by Eileen Wilfong, a licensed K-12 music teacher, combine music and movement with singing, instrument exploration, music games, dancing, listening and stories. Circles of Wonder for newborns-4 years old (with a parent/caregiver) is from 1:00-1:45, and Circles of Friends for 5-9 years old (parents/caregivers welcome) is from 1:45-2:30. There is a suggested donation of $5 per child per class. The program runs through October 4.Find out more »
• Morning Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 7-8am, 256-4108, www.babajiashram.org.
• Jyorei, Shumei Sanctuary, please be seated by 7:50am and 5:50pm, 256-5248
• Tours, gallery & Jyorei, Shumei, 9am-5pm, 256-5284
• Open meditation & prayers 9-10am in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center Shrine Room. All are welcome. 256-5539. www.vajravidya.com
• Tours, Temple & Gift Shop – Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 256-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.babajiashram.org.
• Evening Aarati, Haidakhandi Universal Ashram, 6-7pm. Chanting in Sanskirt and Hindi. All are welcome. 256-4108, email@example.com, www.babajiashram.org
• Sunday masses at Nada Hermitage 9-10am, 256-4778
• Sunday Service Crestone Baptist Church, 10am-noon
• AA meeting (open, discussion), Crestone Town Hall, Alder St. north of Galena Ave.
• Al-Anon meeting, Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 1pm
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5-6:45pm by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 7:30pm
• Yoga Fundamentals & Refinments, Shakti Sharanam, 8:30- 10am by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• AA meeting (open, Book Study) Crestone Baptist Church, Rd. T west of the kiosk, noon
• Continuing Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Style Shakti Sharanam, 5pm-6:45pm, by donation, shaktisharanam.com, 256-5668
• NA meeting (open, Step Study), Little Shepherd Church, Alder St. north of Galena Ave., 9am
• Feel Free Ministries free meal, noon-4pm, Little Shepherd Community Center